Bitte beachten: Dieser Kurs wird in Englisch durchgeführt.
Certify as a SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer and become the Lean-Agile Facilitator and Enabler to deliver end-to-end value through ARTs and large solutions in an enterprise SAFe environment.
In this advanced three-day workshop, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and value streams.
You will also learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Scaled Agile’s SAFe Release Train Engineer exam maintains rigorous quality standards ensuring that those who have earned the certification are well prepared to effectively fulfill their role in a SAFe enterprise. Make sure to read the Certification Information below.
- RTEs and Value Stream Engineers (VSEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and value stream execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue your learning journey
- Exploring the RTE role and responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Understanding the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing your Learning Journey
To fully benefit from this class, you should have at least one current SAFe Certification, and launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI.
What You Get
- Attendee workbook (physical version only)
- Eligibility to take the SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer exam
- Course certificate of completion upon request
Attendees must attend all three days in order to qualify for the exam.
- Renewal fee: $295. Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if current SPC).
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 21 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer Certification Information
A SAFe 4 Certified Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a SAFe program servant leader and coaching professional responsible for driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or value stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
- Facilitating program-level ceremonies
- Leading program execution
- Coaching ARTs and teams in relentless improvement of value delivery
- Creating transparency using metrics to initiate and drive positive change
- Facilitating resolution of dependencies, impediments, and risks
This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended in order to be successful in passing the RTE exam:
- SAFe certification
- Cross-team communication skills
- Full use of SAFe principles in action
- Coaching Agile and SAFe facilitation and leading by example
- Launch or participate in at least one ART and one PI
- Working knowledge of team dynamics
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Minimum 3 months real-world, hands-on experience as an RTE
- Exam name: SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
- Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
- Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
- Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $150. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Study guide: access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Practice test: access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Sample test: download questions
What You Get
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certificate (PDF)
- One year membership to the Scaled Agile RTE Community of Practice
- 3. Juli / 8:30 — 5. Juli / 17:30
- 28. Oktober / 8:30 — 30. Oktober / 17:30